The creation and development of Lakeview Legacy Park is being led by Citizens for Lakeview Preservations, Inc. (CLP), an all-volunteer Minnesota non-profit organization that has also been approved as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity by the Internal Revenue Service (effective date November 21, 2013). The purposes of CLP, as expressed in its Articles of Incorporation include:
- The preservation of public and private green spaces for public use.
- The preservation and protection of native plants and wildlife on publically used land.
- Educating the public about the history and cultural significance of open space and park land.
- Retaining or protecting the natural, scenic, or open-space values of real property,
assuring the availability of real property for recreational or open space use, protecting natural resources, maintaining or enhancing air or water-quality, or preserving the historical, architectural, archaeological, or cultural aspects of real property.
- Creating, conveying, receiving, managing, monitoring, and enforcing easements, covenants, or other land use controls in the pursuance of the corporation’s purpose.